Sunday, October 19, 2008

another one off the needles...



Yarn: Røros Lamullgarn, black, 100% wool, 50gr/250m. Used 250 grams.
Needles: KnitPicks 4mm
Started: August 31st, 2008
Finished: October 5th, 2008

My second BeeFields. It's a fun knit, but not for the inexperienced...

I changed the beginning a little, instead of having to graft, I cast on half of the stitches needed, knit over those, and then picked up form the "bottom" of the cast-on row, for the second half of the first row. Does it make sense at all-LOL? The main reason to do so, was to avoid the grafting, and it turned out very nice in my opinion. Forgot to take a picture though...

2 comments:

Carol in NJ said...

Very pretty, your shawl looks very elegant in the darker color.

annmarie said...

I agree that it looks wonderful knit up in black! What a lovely shawl. :)
My apologies for taking so long to check in and comment. I've been very wrapped up in politics for the last few months. Now, post-election, I'm getting back to my knitting more. ;)