Wednesday, April 2, 2008

all good things must end?

When I started this knitalong blog last summer, I said that there was no official start date or end date for the KAL. I promised that I would keep it going as long as there was sufficient interest in keeping it alive. Given that there've only been a handful of posts since the beginning of this year (and several of those have been mine), I think that maybe it's time to de-activate the blog.
I'll keep it going for another few weeks to give everyone time to copy out any posts or information that they would like to keep for future reference, but, unless I hear from a swarm of you that you would like to see the blog continue, I'll just delete the whole blog by the end of April.
It's been fun and I think we really did help each other through the knitting and cheered each other's accomplishments. I want to thank you all for being a part of this! :)

4 comments:

Lola and Ava said...

You did a great job with the blog! Thanks for starting it. I just purchased Gust & look forward to starting another pattern by Anne.
L

Katherine said...

Thanks for the heads-up, and for running this knitalong for so long! I did recently pick up my shawl again, and am hoping to have it finished in time to wear to a bat mitzvah on May 3. This gives me some extra incentive!

Sharon said...

Than you Anne Marie, it was my first knit along and I loved being connected to so many fellow swarmers. it was always a highlight to check every bodys progress. it served to be both fun and inspirational. I will miss it.

knottykitty said...

Why delete the blog? It's on blogger, so it's free, isn't it? I, for one, purchased both patterns several months ago, but felt they were beyond my skill level. I still haven't knit them, but I plan to when I feel comfortable. It would be nice to have the blog posts to refer back to if I need information, so I would like to see it remain as a floating asteroid in the blogosphere...

Can't you just turn off comments and leave it for us slow knitters who haven't had a chance to knit the stole/shawl yet? Thanks! :)