Saturday, July 28, 2007

fairly buzzing...

As of right now, there are 41 of us with another 10 or so who've been sent an invitation! Anne's design truly seems to have struck a chord with people. For every one of us here on this knitalong, there seem to be literally hundreds who are 'buzzing' about this shawl. I'll resist the urge to use any more bee metaphors...


This bookmark was sent to me by a friend who was visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC in 1975. It is a detail from a Chinese hand scroll from about 1000 A.D. and is called Roses and Bees. Oh, yes, and because we're knitters ~ the yarn it's resting on is Fleece Artist Merino Sock yarn in Gold.

1 comment:

margaret in manhattan said...

oh, the bookmark is wonderful! if I had a bookmark like that, I would actually use it in whatever I was reading instead of Zabar's tickets ... ;-)

back to my bee shawl ...
mhv