Saturday, October 20, 2007

Half Way

The first half of my stole is finished. I couldn't resist blocking it so I could really see what it looks like.



With the first half successfully completed, I anticipate no problems with the second half. Now I need to get busy and finish spinning that second package of Black Rainbow Glitter from Aurelia.


Here's a little close-up of a modification I am doing. I'm adding beads to the side and end edges. They are the "oil slick" colour, I think referred to as "dark aurora borealis", and they match the glitter in the handspun perfectly.



Also, instead of the "bind off loosely in knit" I'm using a great bind-off I learned when doing the Swallowtail Shawl. It makes for a very stretchy yet tidy edge.

K2, *transfer the 2 stitches on the right needle back to the left needle and then K2tog through the back loop. K1 and repeat from* around.

4 comments:

margaret in manhattan said...

looks great! what is it being blocked on? thanks for the info -

Marlene said...

It's being blocked on interlocking foam squares sold as floor mats for playrooms. They work great as blocking boards because you can reconfigure them to the shape you need.

Dawn said...

It's looking fabulous!

annmarie said...

very elegant! :)