Sunday, September 2, 2007

Finally started Yippey

Hi all,

Wish y'all a Happy Labor Day. Well Friday came I my hubby game the the card to get both patterns. Well I cast on for the Bee fields with the lace weight merino I have from Yarntreehouse. Well that got frogged after row 3 of the swatching. It is thinner tha nthe zephyr, so I am using 2 strands but I think I just might have to order another heavier yarn maybe. I do have a question I have not learned how to do the back loop cast on is it hard?
I need to zip I have veggies marinating and lamb I am getting ready to prepare for tomorrow. So I guess I will knit on the Forest Canopy for a bit and then get moving on the tote I am making for an exchange. I just love to knit. I also strted today a one-skein wonder pattern from Stephanie Japel. I am making the shrug for my friend Lina who lives in the Netherlands. Have a great long weekend and an good week all.

Cheryl ~ TX

1 comment:

annmarie said...

Cheryl,the back loop cast on is simply made by looping the working yarn around the needle. It's demonstrated in a short video on the Knitting Help website. Here's the link to the video: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/index.php
The Knitting Help website is a goldmine of videos and great for learning new techniques!