Saturday, September 22, 2007

p2 tog tbl - help please

Hello All, I am a new member of the Bee Fields KAL. I have a question about an instruction I have never used before. P2 tbl. When I googled this I found that there were 2 different methods of doing it. One was just putting needle from right to left thru the back loops wrapping yarn and making the decrease. The other was putting needle from left to right thru the back loops and making the decrease. It seemed to me that the first direction was really a K2 tbl.

If anyone could let me know how they did this, I would appreciate the help, thanks Gail

6 comments:

Michelle said...

This was new to me when I started to. What I do is Insert the needle from the back side from left to right and wrap and make the decrease that way.
Hope this helps

Reluctant Penguin said...

Take a look at the pattern again. Anne has carefully described how to do this. I was totally bewildered until I saw her instructions, but she makes it very clear.

Sharon said...

When I have done this in the past, I have gone from left to right in the back. You are right, that right to left would be a k2tog.

annmarie said...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/abbreviations_explained/

Follow this link for a list of videos that demonstrate knitting techniques including p2 tog tbl - for those for whom a picture (and better yet a video) is worth a thousand words. :)

annmarie said...

I'm not sure why but the addy for the link was cut off. The last bit should read _explained/

rabbitIng said...

I do it like this, which may sound more complicated than it is: slip the next 2 sts knitwise on to the righthand needle; put the lefthand needle through both sts tog from the front, and move them off the right needle back on to the left. this turns the sts round. then p tog normally. Once you get used to it, it's quite quick and is effective.