Tuesday, September 25, 2007

New Here

Hi, I'm Marlene (aka the blogger "Wovenflame"), and I love knitting lace.

I'm just starting the Honeybee Stole in my own handspun, laceweight "halfbred". I purchased the 'top' from Aurelia, in the "Black Rainbow Glitter" colourway.

I had a little trouble getting started, but once, twice, third time is the charm. I'm up to row 28 now.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The red at the top (from this perspective) is just my provisional cast on. The green blips at the bottom are snippets of plastic straw I use for stitch markers. I'm adding beads to the edges of the stole, but they aren't visible in this photo.

Thanks Kaylen, for the use of your flannel "burp cloth". It makes a great lap cloth so that I can see the black stitches a little better. It works great when I'm spinning black too.

WOVENFLAME

1 comment:

annmarie said...

Great idea with the white flannel cloth! :)