Thursday, September 13, 2007

paying for my folly


I should have known better than to try to work on my 'bee' late in the evening after a full day of teaching, preparing lessons and materials after school, then coming home to cook supper and take the dog for his long walk. In dealing with a very, very small mistake, quickly and easily fixed under ordinary circumstances, I created a mess that required ripping back three rows of knitting. And I was almost to the end of the Bee Swarm section! Waaah!!! Fortunately for me, I have a four day weekend as the schools here are closed for Rosh Hashanah. In addition to getting caught back up to where I was, I'm hoping to make some headway into the Bee in Field section. Not to mention getting some rest - sleep being constantly interrupted by abovementioned dog who is missing his buddy, my son who is now back at college.
Happy update: I'm not only all caught up to where I was when I created the "mess", I've knitted a few rows beyond that point. Hooray for peaceful days at home. :)

4 comments:

margaret in manhattan said...

oh man ... I feel your pain! and I'm just sitting here staring at the (a) unblocked bee fields and (b)the put-aside -- for the moment -- honeybee.

this weather is perfect for outdoor knitting - hope you get some!

Carrie said...

I feel your pain, too--three rows is a LOT of stitches!

Opal said...

i totally feel your pain too. 3 rows? ouch.

Terri said...

I can SO relate to knitting when I'm too tired and pay the consequences.
Experience has taught me not to pick up the needles when I'm too tired to concentrate.
And tinking back that many rows isn't an option for me either. I can never get it right and end up starting over.
I really hate when that happens. so sorry.