Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Beehives Ahoy!

Beehive Section



I'm making good progress on the beehive section of the Bee Fields Shawl, and I wish that I could work on it all of the time. I seriously want to cast on the Honeybee Stole immediately, and I may or may not have picked up some yarn during lunch to swatch with.

I'd like to make a solid Killer Bee black stole, and I'd like something about the same weight as the Wooly Wonka kit I'm using for the shawl. The yarn I am going to swatch with may be too heavy, and it might have more halo that I'd like. Does anyone have suggestions for me?

2 comments:

annmarie said...

If it's a solid black you're looking for, Carrie, Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk laceweight comes in Ebony.

JavaNut said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

I'm so impatient to cast the Bees on now, but have to finish a gift shawl first...