Wednesday, August 1, 2007

swarm pattern question

In the "bee swarm" section, the pattern says to move the marker 6 sts on rows 9 and 17, but the stitch count doesn't seem to change in the pattern (i.e. more stitches seem to be accounted for than if I moved the marker)...So if I moved the marker, there might only be 3 stitches in between the edge and the new marker, but the pattern accounts for 10, the # that would be there if I didn't move the marker.

has anyone else come across this? It looks like the count changes only on the 2nd 24-row repeat...if anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks.

4 comments:

annmarie said...

I don't have my yarn yet but I've been 'practicing' with some extra laceweight I have on hand to get familiar with the pattern (and to help ward off yarn envy of those who already have their stuff). I'm finding that it's easier for me to follow the written instructions as opposed to the charts - not usually the case for me. I haven't gotten to the point where I'd have to move the markers. I'm off to study the pattern some more, but I think if you just trust the written row by row instructions, it works out.

Jeni said...

I had the same thing happen as well, I haven't moved any markers int he Swarm section as of yet, but I also have not completed the first set of 24 rows yet either. It looks like the stitches are accounted for on the right and left of the main section as you go, unlike in the first section where they were not accounted for. does that make any sense?

Terri said...

I'm just now on R1 again for the second repeat of Bee Swarm.....and this is where you will be moving your markers.
There is also a correction to R24 of the Bee Swarm which I'm sure will be posted....do NOT BO2 at the beginning of R24. I made the mistake of assuming that if you have to BO2 on R24, that you have to CO2 at the end of R23. You do NOT. R23 is correct.

Terri said...

OK. You're not moving the markers but just adding another one after the [yo, k3 and before the K4, yo]

Don't know if I missed anything, but I never had to 'move' markers either. I had to move them on the Bee Hive section, but doesn't seem like it was necessary on the Bee Swarm. I may be wrong though and will check it with Anne.