Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Telltale Buzz

I needed to finish two other deadline projects, but I couldn't help myself. I tried to resist. But I kept hearing the bees. The buzzing from behind closed doors was unbearable. The only way to quell the swarm was to cast on.


I'm using Claudia Handpainted Silk Lace in "Honey". Swoon from the softness! I did the setup chart and half of chart 1. I desperately want to take out the provisional cast on and graft it now. Whenever I have a crochet cast on, I live in fear that I'll get the end caught and have it pull out without my noticing. I don't like to pull the end through because I've had issues in the past with getting it back out again without a struggle and I am not risking shredding this cast on row. Anyone know any reason why I couldn't go ahead and graft this? I read ahead and if I understand, the live stitches will be grafted to one another, right?



I also just wanted to point something out, pattern-wise, because I know people will be coming here for help. On the winglets, where you BO 2 and then there's like a K1, P3, etc... The second bind off stitch **IS** the K1. [I cross posted this to the #1 Knitspot Fan group on Ravelry, sorry if you're reading it twice] I knew this from knitting Morning Glory, but it still got me a couple times. Thank the wool gods for stitch markers because early detection of a bad stitch count can save lives. The lives of the people within project-throwing distance, anyway.

I'm in love with this project so far. I read one person's blog who is nearly done with it and she's in the slog stage with over 200 stitches on the needles, but it looks amazing.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hmm, good tip. Thanks for sharing; I'll have to remember that when I get started with the Bee!

annmarie said...

I'm back! :) Thanks, Jen, for posting about the little k1 redundancy in the pattern. I got logged off the library computer before I could write a post about this. Yes, if you don't realize this, then your stitch count will be off each time you do that little winglet. :)