Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Bee Fields is finished!

OK. I admit it. I'm amazed with myself! The pattern is so gorgeous but I'm pretty sure I'm going to overdye this in a color yet unknown. I'll have to experiment with the leftover yarn I have to see how this takes color on top of the green. If it wasn't such a yellow green I'd be happier.
It's also very large! Measures 82" by 46". I put it on thinking it would look better on an Amazon (I'm 5'3") but, it actually looks pretty good. I'm ok with the size.
I used a fingering weight of 220yards per 50gm and used about 5 1/2 skeins. So? about 1200+ yards and knit on Addi Lace #6
Now, to decide what I want to knit next! Maybe, I'll jump right in and do the Stole.

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks great--congratulations on finishing! I like the green myself, but you need to be happy with the color if you're going to use it.

Reluctant Penguin said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! You inspire me to plow on through the bee swarm.

annmarie said...

Terri, your shawl looks perfectly beautiful! If you decide to overdye, please *do* post a picture with the results. :)

SYLVIE said...

Looks really great! You've done a marvelous job!

I like that shad of green.

JazzRizz said...

You did an amazing job! Congrats on finishing the shawl.

If you do overdye it, I hope you post a picture of the new color.

Lola and Ava said...

Great job! Can't wait to see what you decide to do about the color.
-L

Janette said...

Your shawl is breathtaking! (It is really hard to come up with other words for gorgeous and beautiful!) I also love the color!

Dawn said...

Lovely! I've just started my shawl, so it's great to see finished ones for inspiration. I actually like the green colour!

Marjorie said...

That is just beautiful. The color looks very nice in the photo.

I'm only about 5'3" too, and I was a little concerned about the size. I haven't started mine yet (probably will next week), but I thought I might try size 5 needles to make it a little smaller.

DragonsChest said...

How beautiful!!!

hopalong682003 said...

Terri, this is absolutely beautiful. I'm inspired! :-) Congratulations and thanks for posting the photo.