Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Shawl, She is Done!


With many thanks to all with regard to the loosest bind off, I chose the K2tog, slip back to the left hand needle, K2tog, repeat, repeat, repeat...it took a lot less time than it did to unpick the umpteen gazillion stitches in the bad bindoff.

Sorry for the dark picture - it's a gloomy morning here in nyc.

I'll probably block it tomorrow - more interested in starting the stole, and doing the winglets the "other" way - and once I have enough of them done, I'll take comparison pix of the two to show the differences.

7 comments:

rabbitIng said...

lovely - can't wait to get my hands on my yarn and have a go. how long did it take you? best Ingrid ;)

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on finishing.

margaret in manhattan said...

Ingrid, it took me about 3-4 weeks total - and it was definitely a positive learning experience!

Mary said...

I kept checking here and your blog for this picture. The shawl is gorgeous!

annmarie said...

Well done, Margaret! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the whole thing blocked. :) Just beautiful...

stripedsocks said...

Beautiful work! Can't wait to see it all blocked.... I'm rounding up on the 4th repeat of the hives..

Sharon said...

your yarn looks more yellow and less brown than mine. Is that the true color?