Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sorry to see it fly away

Just a quick picture of the finished shawl:
Today I gave it to a dear friend if mine who has been very dear to me during my ongoing illness. She is a knitter but hasn't tackled lace yet so I'm hoping that this will inspire her. I loved knitting this shawl and love the finished garment.

Yarn: Jaggerspun Super Fine Merino in Marigold
97 grams used, about 1200 yards
Pattern size: tall
Size unblocked 32X72, Size blocked 36X80
Started (and restarted): 7/29/07
Finished:8/13/07

13 comments:

Madame Purl said...

Gorgeous. I'm sure your friend will be inspired. It inspires me to get knitting on my kit.

margaret in manhattan said...

Exquisite!

JazzRizz said...

Beautiful!
I'm sure your friend will love it. Hopefully, it will inspire her like you're hoping.

Annie said...

It's gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Wow! Stunning!

stripedsocks said...

Absolutely beautiful.... Quite a lucky friend and you're quite a thoughtful one... Be well, Jessica

thegabbyknitter said...

Great job on the shawl! It's gorgeous!

DrLeonesse said...

Fabulous! What a lucky friend! and what a FAST knitter you are!

annmarie said...

As beautiful as this shawl looks spread out for blocking, it looks even more beautiful like this.
Because you're giving this away, perhaps you can console yourself for its loss by knitting the stole for yourself? :)

Marisol said...

Stunning! Your friend is one lucky lady:)

Anonymous said...

Your friend is very fortunate to receive such a gift. This is beautiful!!

Reluctant Penguin said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful friend you are!

rabbitIng said...

so beautiful - and so kind too! :)