Monday, August 20, 2007

Busy Bee....

I also participated in MS3 but was so anxious to start Bee Fields. When the final clue was posted on Friday, I wound my skeins in to balls.



I am using handspun kid mohair/merino – I think the color is perfect for this pattern! Last November, my daughter requested a lime green shawl – her favorite color. The fiber was custom-dyed by Susan’s Spinning Bunny and I started spinning it immediately but hadn’t picked a pattern to knit. And then I saw...Bee Fields. The perfect pattern for the yarn!




Here is my progress to date....hope to get in lots of knitting today!

Annmarie, thank you for organizing this knitalong. I love seeing other shawls in progress and the completed ones! They are all stunning!

I will not be ordering the “Honeybee Stole” pattern UNTIL “Bee Fields” is blocking – the stress is just too much ; )

3 comments:

rabbitIng said...

"I will not be ordering the “Honeybee Stole” pattern UNTIL “Bee Fields” is blocking – the stress is just too much ; )"

- that's just how i feel ;)

lovely work, and beautiful yarn.

annmarie said...

What beautiful spinning, Janette!!! I am so impressed. :) I went ahead and ordered the Honeybee Stole pattern (as well as a number of Anne's other patterns as long as I'm being honest) and have them in a binder. I seem not to feel very much pressure at all having tons of patterns and yarn hanging around. Heck, I haven't even started Clue 5 of the MS3 and I'm still sleeping pretty well at night. :)

Janette said...

Thank you for the compliments on my spinning!! I'm definitely spinning a more consistent yarn these days but thin spots crop up occasionally!

Lately, I've been overwhelmed by my number of unfinished projects...so...I am going to try "knitting a new project" "finishing an old project" and see how that goes!