Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hello from Houston

This is the Bloom Colorway for the Bee Fields Shawl
This is the yarn for the 2nd Forest Canopy

Hi,
I'm Cheryl and I am a 100% service-connected disabled veteran, and so is my husband Michael we live in the Houston area of TX. Since I no longer work I need to keep busy with all this free time I now have. We share a beautiful home with Sir Angus Seton and Rita our two small dogs. After a 20+ yr. hiatus I picked up knitting again and I am having the greatest time making gifts for others and family. I have taken classes to learn how to do lace knitting (small scarf), cables and also socks I learned how to make them on my own!! I have many projects on many needles to keep me busy and when I get bored with one I can work on another. I am looking to learn how to spin and hope to start classes in the fall. Presently I have the following projects OTN: Spa Sox ~ D. Bliss Cashmerino; Mystery Stole 3 ~ Zephyr Lace yarn in Mahogany w/Czech Glass Beads in Red Rainbow color (pattern put on the shelf for now, 35 rows of MS# frogged and the Zephyr is now destined for the Honey Bee Stole), another Forest Canopy using 1-ply pure wool fingering yarn from Mirari Crafts an eBay store , from a new friend named Marie.
It is a beautiful yarn and the colorway is rich shades of violet, pink and golden yellow. I just finished a shrug for my daughter’s 28th birthday; I used 3 balls of D. Bliss Soho in #9 Red, which is a silk, rayon and cotton yarn, just finished Forest Canopy Shoulder shawl in Vintage Silk Maiden & Louisa Harding’s Grace. I have posted pictures of it on my blog. I also make one of a kind jewelry using sterling silver and semi-precious gemstone beads, and stick markers/row markers. I also make stitch markers using Sterling Silver and Swarovski Crystals and other types of beads. The yarn pictured is what I will use for the Bee Fields Shawl. It’s 100% Merino lace weight from Yarn Tree House and the colorway is Bloom. This colorway reminds me of rainbow sherbet colors lol. My DH is going to get the 2 different yarns for me for future projects and also both Bee Feilds & Honey Bee Stole patterns next week, as part of an early birthday present. Well I better get moving time for some herbal tea and knitting. I look forward to making some new friends in this group.


Have a nice evening all,
Cheryl (or my friends call me CW)

1 comment:

annmarie said...

Welcome, Cheryl! It sounds like you are keeping yourself very busy with the lacework! :)