Friday, August 10, 2007

Size matters but so does proportion

I know there was a little discussion about the tall versus petite size choice for the shawl. I'm planning on gifting my shawl to a friend who is about 5'3" and thought that the petite size would be just fine. However, as I approach the point of starting that edging, I'm bothered by the proportions of the shawls sections.



The Bee in Field section just looks skimpy so I'm going to knit the 18 rows of the tall pattern and hope that my using size 4 needles will help keep this from being too large once I gently block it.

Of course I'm enjoying this knitting so much that I'm glad to have delayed the end a bit.

3 comments:

annmarie said...

What a pretty picture this is! :)

Dana said...

i would not worry that the shawl will be too big for your friend. i am knitting the regular size for my own little 5'2" self. i have a collection of not petitie sized triangular shawls, and love and wear them all.

stripedsocks said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.....
I can't wait to move on to the next section. Lovely work.... -Jessica