Monday, August 20, 2007

Introduction and a Question

Just wanted to thank you for inviting me to join you in this KAL. Knitting has been part of my life for a very long time. Lace knitting has become an obsession in the past two years. There isn't a lot of opportunity to wear sweaters here in Central Florida, but sometimes a light wrap is perfect. I have finished the first section and I'm about to start the swarm. I understand you knit the 24 row section twice and then 4 more rows. How do you get to the 54 rows total the instructions say are in this section? What am I missing? I just want to say that the photos everyone have posted are just beautiful.

Susan G

1 comment:

annmarie said...

The 54 rows in this section are formed by working rows 1 through 24 twice (48 rows total so far), then by working rows 1 through 4 once again (52 total) and then working the R1 (RS) and R2 (WS)finishing rows at the end of the section (page 8 in the written instructions). These last 2 rows bring you to the total of 54 rows. :)